Beyond the new features, for all of you already using Viblast Player, you may be happy to see certain bugs fixed - thank you for your feedback!
The full release notes for Viblast Player v.6.10
- Support for audio-only HLS streams (thanks for the nudge, Mike!)
- Support for HLS streams that contain raw ADTS (AAC) audio (thanks, Greg, for your help!)
- Implemented support for real-time synchronization using HLS #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME
- Fixed calculation of HLS VoD clip duration (previously the duration of the first segment was not taken into account)
- Fixed seeking at the absolute end of an HLS VoD clip (thanks, Richard!)
- Fixed Flash playback of MPEG-DASH streams that have interlaced audio/video
- Fixed leaking viblast.crypto.js worker (thanks, Sergey!)
And finally, a few notes about audio-only streams. These are the features supported by the new functionality:
- On-demand and live streams
- ABR (variant playlists)
- <audio> tag
- <video> tag with audio-only stream
- AAC ES streams and AAC TS streams
- AAC-LC and HE-AAC codecs
- API for variants of stream audio qualities info (same as for video qualities)
- Flash fallback via video.js
There are some known limitations:
- audio> tag cannot be used with video streams.
- <video> tag should be used when the playlist contains CODEC information exposed.
- Auto-ABR switch is supported for multi-bitrate streams with identical encoder settings. Due to Chrome MSE limitations, auto-switching between AAC-LC and HE-AAC causes unpredictable behaviour.
If you have questions or comments, do not hesitate to post them here or on the Viblast Discussion Forum, where they will find a quick response either by us or by our growing community.